Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back Home


We got back home last night around 7PM. It took about 11 hours door to door. We had a few close calls! I had to swerve to avoid a 3 x 2 foot piece of sheet metal that was flying through the air at us and I had to slam on the brakes and swerve from the left lane to the far right when I saw a Semi out of control, dirt flying, bouncing all around and heading straight for the center guard rail at us. I thought is was coming over the rail into on coming traffic. Luckily it stopped and as we passed I caught a glimpse of the driver who looked so relieved. Nicole said her heart stopped both times. It sure got my adrenaline going.
I also saw something I have never seen before, pigs. There were 4 pigs grazing by the side of the freeway. I wondered if they were wild and Nicole thought they must have escaped their pens.
Anyway, we are home safe.

1 comment: