Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan









It's that time of year! Apples, lots of apples and ever since I can remember (except for the Ghost buster cake) I had made Ryan a Swedish Apple Pie for his birthday. It's not just any old Apple pie either, it is a pie that makes it's own crust and wonderful warm out of the oven. Now that Ryan is married and living in sunny Calilfornia I no longer have to make it for him but I have had a craving for it. This is the time of year I love, cool crisp fall days and visits to the local cider mill. I would love to post the recipe but I don't have it here in Ohio. So Ryan if you could please post the recipe I would appreciate having it! The picture of Ryan under Grandpa Harrington's apple tree is one of my favorites. I think this was taken the first time Dad brought you over to my house to meet my parents and it was just before your first birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!




Love You,




Mom



4 comments:

  1. thanks mom!!!!! i want some apple pie!!! i will make some in november when you come here. it is still my favorite, i like it better than any non-ghostbusters cake ever.

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sit here reading my families blogs I am wondering if there are many other families like us? I suppose there are - Dad Posting and Reading in Shanghai, Mom in CLeve (temporary home) Son & his Wife from the far left west coast, daughters from the windy and the bay. I guess we are mobile all right - just like most of the rest of the world. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pic of Ryan with the apples too. Thats one of my favorites. I like the artistic photo of us in Cali too, although I am looking down and I have a double chin...not supppper flattering. Welcome back to the blog world moms.

    We are a mobile family for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I remember that ghostbusters bday like it was yesterday. We lost power!!

    ReplyDelete