Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bacon- Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies

One of my favorite blogs is the Pioneer Women. She has all sorts of great photo's and tutorials, stories and recipes. I found this recipe and decided to try it out on Jeff last night. All I can say is they are addictive, you can't stop eating them. The first one was not hot at all and the second had a little more heat but not too bad!
The recipe says to leave some pulp and seeds (the source of the heat) if you want lot's of heat. But, I was too chicken! I see now she baked them on a rack, I didn't and they didn't get too crispy on the bottom sitting in their own juices, next time I will put them on a rack. Click on the link to get a printable recipe and while your there look around at her interesting blog. Enjoy!

P.S. I found a little worm in one of the jalapenos, what kinda worm likes the fire of a jalapeno?

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/

2 comments:

  1. wow those look delicious. I like how she has a step by step picture directions on her blog. I might just have to try those! I think my buddy Miguel would looove them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night with turkey bacon and 1/3 fat cream cheese, they we delicious! The first one I had was suuuuuper hot and then they were not so bad!

    ReplyDelete